Registering as a Medicare BackOffice® partner is easy and fast. Just follow these steps:
1. Go to the registration page on the Medicare BackOffice website.
(You can find the light blue “Register” button in the upper right corner of the website on most pages, once you click through the “Advisors & Agents” tab at MedicareBackOffice.com.)
2. Fill out the fields.
- In the first box, start typing the name of your firm (broker-dealer, RIA, etc.) When your firm’s name appears in the drop-down menu, click on it. If you are not associated with a firm, click the “Not Applicable” box.
- If you were referred by another advisor, type his or her name into the box and click the blue “Next” button, which takes you to the registration form. If you were not referred by anyone, leave this field blank and click the “Next” button.
3. Fill out the registration form. This will require you to:
- Create a user name and password
- Provide your National Producer Number (NPN)
What’s an NPN number?
A unique number assigned by the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) to business entities engaged in insurance-related activities for tracking purposes. Medicare BackOffice uses your NPN to track your referrals to ensure you get paid.
- If you don’t know your NPN number, click “Find My NPN” and follow the instructions on the NIPR producer database website. Your firm may have a NPN number, and you can search for it there.
- If you do not have an NPN number, call Medicare BackOffice at 1.877.385.8083.
- If you cannot accept a referral fee or do not want to, check the box saying you do not wish to receive a referral fee. If you are not going to receive a referral fee, an NPN number is not required.
Once you click “continue,” your registration will be entered, and you’ll receive an activation email. Please click on the link in that email to activate your account.
If you have any questions, please call Medicare BackOffice at 1.877.385.8083.